RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli Skyraider Build
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
VoughtF4U
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli Skyraider Build

Almost finished product...

Here are some pictures as it sits now. Couple of things to note here. I am using Klass Kote epoxy paint to paint these. I have to say this stuff is pretty nice. Sprays easy and is pretty forgiving. I have not put the clear on it yet and will spary the whole thing with a flat finish after adding all the nomenclature, markings and weathering. To my eye the colors are off from what they should be, but they are good enough for me and should be good enough for my dad. I started off following the recipes recommended by Klass Kote on their website. I sprayed the bottom gray color first and then the tan color, but to me it looks too brown. In the photos I have for references, the color should be more of a sand color, but maybe that is just this brown color after it has faded some. Maybe someone out there knows more about it than I do and can speak up and let me know.

Next i sprayed the light green, once again following the recipe off the website. But as I mixed the color, it looked too dark for me so i deviated from the recipe some and ended up with what is shown. Probably too light, but once again oh well... I sprayed the dark green last, and same as before I deviated from the recipe and ended up with something a little too dark for my eyes. But don't take this as a complaint, I am happy with how it turned out, just wish I knew more to know how "off" I am from the real thing.

Anyway, overall I have to say using the Klass Kote was a positive experience and would recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65646.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1467597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17968.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1467598