RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Top Flight P-40??? 1/5 scale
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 02:44 AM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW Top Flight P-40??? 1/5 scale

ORIGINAL: LDM

An interesting look at the retracts on the website are now avaiable . THey appear to be Top Flights own versions of the Robart 615s .
No doubt made by robart for Top Flight . Why I have no idea lol unless they simply copied the design but I am sure there was a patient or at leaste an expired one .

The retracts sell for less then the 615 but I guess my concern is why even bother . Most guys flying the Gold Edition upgraded to the sierra or CJs . The old scissor leg 615 need perfact landing to have any chance in the field .

I am sure tons will come forward and defend the gear , I am speaking of what I have seen and personally experienced .
I am glad they are offering a low cost retract but it simply be problem waiting to happen and then we will see pages of ''did this happen to your retracts '' when the leags fold in .
If there anything like the original 615s , even the sensitivity to over tightening of one screw can impact the legs from retracting properly .

Trust me on this , I love the P40ties , its my most modeled plane and i have owned at leaste 9 P40 from red box , Gold ed, Pica 1/6, VQ , CMP , Balsa Products , Model Tech , and all have had retracts from the 615 , Sierra gear and CJs -615 being the most troublesome

WHat is the main issue with the 615'S?? otherthan the bolt..??