RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroworks Yak54 50cc build issues
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 01:58 PM
FlyStraight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aeroworks Yak54 50cc build issues

Assembling the fuel tank:

I'm using three lines to the tank, the fill, vent and carburator lines. To bend the brass vent line I used an allen wrench that I put inside the brass line and bent it little by little, each time pulling out the wrench bit at a time. Same for the fill line. The fill line has a gas line attached to it and a small clunk at the other end. The clunk comes about half way into the tank so it wouldn't fight with the larger carburator clunk. I used all stock fuel tank hardware. The gas line is Sullivan 3/32" ID extra flexible line No. 208. Fits 1/8" fittings. It's perfect size, the same as the air line on the DLE 55cc engine that it came with.

I soldered barbs to both sides of carb. line, to the outside of vent and fill lines. On the inside of tank the fill line has a zip tie on the brass line but not around clunk. There are zip ties on both the carb. brass line and clunk side inside the tank. I had to borrow two barbs from the smoke tank that was included in the arf. I took resin core soldier then wicked the ends of brass lines with them then heated the soldier up and pushed the barb onto the brass line. Let it cool and put more soldier behind the barbs to hold them better in place. Then slid gas line over and zip tied it behind the barb. I forgot to put the fuel tank stopper washer on before I soldiered in the barbs so afterwards I had to enlarge the three holes so it would slide over the barbs which worked out great and I think it's better that way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35487.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1469715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71346.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1469716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90933.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	56.3 KB