RCU Forums - View Single Post - AEROWORKS TAIL HEAVY
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 PM
eagletalon
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEROWORKS TAIL HEAVY

Hello fellow members I`am looking for further info (aside from aeroworks tech support) i have already addressed this issue with them and attempted there suggestions with the exception of going with carbon fiber tail support=tube`s plus wheel gear. I have done the obvious minus any dead weight > i should`nt have to any how!Gotta keep`m light. So according to Aeroworks manual mesure 4-1/4" aft of most outter leading edge of wing tips for CG okay . Now i`am forced to put my lion battery`s all the way up into the motor box i extended my da beyond the standoff`length`s with spacers but the problem here is that the cowl will not cover the #1 former or i`am forced to bucher the cowl front bevel air intake , that`s not gonna happen i would lose entegritty of the cowl not to mention it would ruin it`s look. i even went as far as moveing my CG 3/4" further back and thats outside recomended tollerance of most CG point`s i`am 7 to 9 oz off CG at this point and do not want to add any further weight i did a search here and did find others with similar issues and really should`nt have to deal with such an issue especialy going by Aeroworks manual. I like to think i have some time under my belt for the understanding of these and other issues that can be rectifide in this hobbie but i`am stumped. although one thing that the tech support fellas did mention is that now and then some of the planes may have been built with hevier / dence wood , okay thats a good possibillity here. .
so i`am posting this thread in Regards to one of my smaller builds should be simple right?, the AeroWorks Yak 54 50cc my install is a da-50 stock+ tbm 23x8+ tbm 2600 li-ion ign+ tbm 5200 li-ion for Rx, SF reg. hs5955 over all. thanks for takeing the time to read this thread and would be grateful for positive solution`s keeping in mind the above notes.