RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which covering?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Which covering?

ORIGINAL: tjones1

I just bought several rools of Blue transparent Monokote and had no problem with it. Could it be a problem with certain colors?
Anybody contact the manufacturer and ask them?
If anybody would bother doing a search they would find a lot of threads on this topic, enough to keep them reading all day. Mono changed about 12 years ago and it is a hit or miss problem and problems can happen from batch number to batch number. I haven't found any problems with putting it down, it's hit or miss if the mono is going to shrink or not. It also tends to bubble, wrinkle and sag in the sun or heat and won't shrink back up. It isn't any one color, it is mostly on the solids though. You can be laying down some white and it's just fine, go to the next roll from a different batch and it is crap. I went over to Ultra about the time mono started having problems and haven't bothered with mono sense for covering the main part of the plane. I do like Mono as a trim but if I can help it I never buy any, I have been using up what I had from years gone by. Some people like it, I don't, it's one of those choice things and until you try the two different coverings yourself you will never really know.