RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nexstar Select RTF is a bit of a misnomer...
Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nexstar Select RTF is a bit of a misnomer...

Great advice!! And to add a little to that, don't over-fly the plane. Get it trimmed for straight and level flight at your throttle setting (trim will tend to change as you change throttle settings). What I mean by that is to take off, establish a flight altitude, head across on your downwind leg, then adjust your trim for aileron and elevator for straight and level with hands-off. Once set, do your flying but try to remember where that "throttle sweet spot" is for your trim setting and return to it. Remember if you change throttle settings, especially with a trainer, you will have to adjust your trim.

Once done, and you make your turn to head back upwind, just relax your fingers and watch the plane. It will fly, pretty much by itself, straight and level, while it reacts to the wind. Don't get in the habit of trying to overcorrect for every movement that the plane makes. All you are doing at that point is consuming battyery power and having no effect on the plane's flight path, even though you think you are.

Now, don't discount flying the plane here, my point is to advise you to not overcorrect for every movement the plane makes. You will see this as you gain experience, though.

I learned this by my instructor watching me trying to correct for everything the plane was doing and told me to leave the sticks alone for a few seconds as it moved around, but always recovered by itself.

Enjoy your flying!!!!

CGr.