RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE Long term reliability ?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:49 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE Long term reliability ?

I toyed with getting a DLE and maybe down the road I still will.but your opeing statement sums up my persnal belief about buying many things...I am too poor to buy cheap stuff.I will grant that dle 30 thus far has made many people happy and who knows in the long run they end up like satio when they first started iout.everything was OS and back in earlier times satio was cheap but took off and well the rest is history as the saying goes.I struggled with my decision as to which engine to buy and anyone that says DA is garbage simply hasnt a clue as to what quality really is.having said that I just bought a syssa 30cc...my reason was fairly simple..first I live only 2 hours from todd syssa and not an ocean away.second his engine reeks of quality and "long term performance".while the intial costs seem much higher it really isnt.the motor comes with a pitts style muffler the igntion is a quality igntion and I can get service readily.I wish I was mechancially inclined as I might then have opted with the DLE.they have had many minor and I use that word respectfully and eventually switched to a rear carb version.I'mthe guy that needs to just head to the field flip the motor and fly .yes reliability comes with good quality.I also wont trash the dle its become a good ultility engine and thank god there are 30cc engines to fill a long overdue vaccum.I love the reliabilty of my zenoah but they are so darn heavy for what I want. the syssa 30 and dle30 perform more like a 40 cc engine .light and strong.now I may invest ina dle55 because its affordable and popular re sale.

bottom line is I bought what I think is a more longterm reliable motor and service is important for me and he is close .just me.