RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/16 Scale rc Cromwell Tank build thread
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 AM
bigfiver69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16 Scale rc Cromwell Tank build thread

I was able to download a nice set of plans from the net, and set about scaling them up.

Based on the diameter of the t34 wheels, I would need to blow up my drawings 245%

Based on the dimensions of the Cromwell turret from the Wittmann diorama, I'd need to scale up the drawings 262%!!!!!

So, obvious discrepancy there....

I decided to split the difference, so I blew them up 253%, which gave a final hull length very close to the original hull length, fractioned out at 1/16th.

All this math make Hulk head hurt.

However, did make the decision to build the hull tub up from scratch. I estimate that it will actually be less work than reworking the t34 hull.

Question for anyone out there who has converted the WSN t34/85 to a t34/76 - in the static Trupmeter kit, does the kit include the spring loaded suspension that is found on the WSN rc version? The reason I ask is that the wheels on the WSN rc verion are the cast metal wheels, but the trumpeter 76 version has the plate-covered wheels and they are VERY similar to the plate covered wheels on the Cromwell. I was thinking of picking up the Trumpeter 76 just for those wheels, but would only do it if it afforded the opportunity to eventually use the rest of the kit as a running tank.

Thanks all - pictures to come when I get them.
Shep