RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club 40 Race in Alabaster!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Club 40 Race in Alabaster!

The reason Tim Batt is listed as 5th place instead of Frank Comer is the data was sorted by points and then fastest time. At first Frank and I were going to do a fly off but the rain came, HARD. We decided to do a coin toss and he won fair and square. Good job Frank!

We had two midairs. The first one, my plane was envolved with Jamie Strong's. We were four wide into turn two with two planes in the high lanes and Jamie and I down low. My prop struck the tail of Jamie's plane and took out his elevator pushrod along with lots of wood and covering. How do I know this? Well, Jamie said he lost elevator control and my engine quit. I did a turn and brought my plane in for a smooth landing and noticed that I only had one prop blade, or so it looked. When the plane came to a stop, white covering material fell off of one blade of the prop. My prop had a cut in the leading edge about a 1/16 of an inch wide about a 1/4 inch from the tip. That was the extent of the damage to my plane. Jamie was not as lucky. It took two guys to bring back the remains. Sorry Jamie!

Another midair took place but no damage to either plane (that I heard about). The rule was that in the event of a midair, if a plane was still flying it was to land as soon as possible. This was done for safety.

One plane went in due to a radio problem. It was so hot that some of the guys were having problems with the transmitters overheating! A quick cool down got them working again. Man, was it HOT!

What a great group of guys! Everyone was very helpful to others and we had a lot of spectators in the morning.

Next race, August 14 in Harvest. Another heat meet!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ig13027.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1473601   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa86414.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	1473602