RCU Forums - View Single Post - Exceed Sunfire buggy
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Exceed Sunfire buggy

That buggy is the same one sold by Redcat as the Tornado. It's also the same chassis and running gear as the Vortex, Volcano and Lightning cars and trucks. I don't have the buggy but I do have a Vortec EPX. I picked it up used at a LHS for $50. It was well worn and you could tell it had been beat pretty hard but for $50 I gave it a shot. It's worth noting that the truck was 100% stock when I got it so all the stock pieces seem to live for a pretty long life. When I got it home I ran it around for a a few packs before tearing it down.

During tear down the only problems I found where a worn Pinion and spur and a few bearing that where a little rough and the tires where completely gone. Everything else was in great condition. I was prepared for more damage and broken stuff but all was well....

I put mine back together with a XL5 ESC and a speed Gems 15T. Got a stock Spur and some replacement wheels and tires from Redcat in less than a week. So far the only thing that has broken is the front bumper and that was 100% my fault. I was running in in doors in the warehouse and hit a pallet rack at 30+ mph. Other wise this has been a great truck. I think you'll be happy with that buggy for the price. No it's not a racer and no I wouldn't try to jump it over your house. If you act like a normal person it should last you a long time.

There seems to be an awful lot of people on here that have nothing better to do than bash a product that most of them have never seen let alone own... In all honesty if you don't own a product or at least have a fair bit of time using the product you should really keep your opinions to yourself.