RCU Forums - View Single Post - FM or PCM Whats the diff
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 09:23 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: PCM is better than PPM

Originally posted by Cley
Here's another link to the site that the Multi-Plex proponents (salesmen?) have referred us to...
http://www.torreypinesgulls.org/index.html
Notice who the Host Sponsor is??
As I said before Multi-Plex isn't even competetive in todays market IMO, they don't even carry PCM!
Time will tell eh?
That sponsor refers to the hlg contest and the torrey pines site has been going for a long time before that banner appeared. Anyway according to torrey pines, radios stop at 9 channels and neither Mpx or Graupner who make 12 channel radios would sponsor that!

Ok Cley, Mpx is not competitive. I will go and buy a Futaba now if you will help me to choose which one:
Which Futaba Tx has 9 proportional channels?
Please name all the Futaba Tx that will not transmit if someone else is already on frequency?
Which Futaba Tx should I get that has stacks of memories on-board and also connects to my PC for back-up and software downloads?
Which Futaba Tx allows me to fit the switches, push buttons etc that I want where I want and not what the designer dictated I get?
Please name the Futaba Tx that gives me all this with servo speed control, channel assigning, control assigning etc for less than half the price of a 9Z.

Pardon Cley?! Are you seriously telling me that Futaba doesn't even make a 9 proportional channel radio! And Futaba allow you to switch on and shoot-down others on your frequency! No come on Cley, you are kidding. Aren't you? What, £1000 for a Futaba 8+1 channel radio with few of those features, when I can get a true 9 channel radio with all that and more for for about £350! Now I know you are just playing devil's advocate to get a debate going. You nearly had me there Cley, I almost believed you and went back to the Futaba (a make I have used since the mid 1970s) but which I sold in order to buy Multiplex! Drat, I will have to keep my Mpx for now.

Yep, Mpx is so uncompetitive it is used almost exclusively in European and UK gliding competitions just to handicap the competitors.

Come on Cley, we get the message that Mpx is not your cup of tea, and Mpx seems not to care about selling much in America whereas Japanese are always desperate to sell their chromed hedgehog Txs in America, but that does not make Mpx uncompetitive!

Harry