RCU Forums - View Single Post - FM or PCM Whats the diff
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 07:08 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Please...

Come on Harry... Give me a break. Do you really need nine fully proportional channels? By you own admition in a previous post you can't even handle more than two conditions. There is a down side to nine fully proportional channels... speed. More channels means less efficient transmission... especially if you don't use all of them. You are just transmitting worthless garbage.

As for your Futaba Questions...

If you don't know how to check the Frequency board you are unsafe to fly in the first place, but I will have to admit that is a nice feature, BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA... check the multiplex web site.

You can backup a Futaba ZAP to flash memory.

Moving switches is a minor point IMO. The ZAP has enough switches on it and all are assignable to any function. Hence, the ZAP can "move" its switches via the firmware.

Useful speed controls such as servo time delays between switching conditions are in the ZAP.

Here in the States the Multiplexs are not cheap IMO. A ZAP WC2 is about $850 in the States or about 600 pounds.

SO... Here is a questions for you... I only need one with follow up.

Which TOC or Masters pilots uses a Multiplex?

Follow Up: For the pilots who don't use Multiplex, how can they possibly be competitive using inferior radios?