RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio / Receiver questions
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 AM
ali3n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio / Receiver questions

I have a slash 4x4 and a mini-lst that's been converted to brushless - the radio on my mini-lst is stock and is horrible. it seems if i get out of line of sight or more than 50 feet away it starts having troubles with connection - whereas the radio/receiver that came with my traxxas will stay connected for farther than i can see. i assume this is the difference between a cheap AM radio and the decent 2.4ghz radio the traxxas came with.

now, i assume i could buy just the traxxas receiver and put it in my mini-lst and it would work just fine and i would get the same distance of operation as the traxxas. am i assuming correctly?

also - i'm still fairly new to RC and plan on getting more trucks/cars in the future, would i be better off investing in a whole separate radio/receiver set up for both trucks?

it seems most radios have a specific receiver they work with, or do they mix and match to some point? i know they have to operate on the same frequency but other technologies and differences between manufacturer come into play....

eh.. rambling

anyway, tldr

will a traxxas receiver work in my mini-lst? or should i just ditch the whole works and burn some money on a new radio/receiver setup for the trucks? if so suggestions? ( i don't want to burn too much money but also want quality)