RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which JR\Spectrum receiver did you crash with?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Nitro777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which JR\Spectrum receiver did you crash with?

ORIGINAL: rosek007

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: dougclind

Rafael

Geez freakin' louise! What is with you people? A problem that isn't there? Tell that to my HL F15. Oh. I forgot. Probably improper installation! You know, I'm really starting to lose my patience with loud mouthed posters who don't actually read carefully what others have said. I'm frankly getting sick and tired of it. If you don't have anything intelligent to say keep your crap to yourself.

I wouldn't go talking about WB1's logic process when you go around insulting those of us who've lost planes because of UNPREVENTABLE failure modes of the electronics. Your snide little comment about improper installations shows you have no problem shooting your mouth off when you have no idea whatsoever on what you're talking about. Were you there when my (or any of the others') planes went down? Do you have the slightest inkling of what the ''installation'' was? No. So shut up with the insults.

If you feel insulted that is your problem, I did not insult anybody. On the other hand, you seem to be personally insulting me with your comments.

Since chaning to 2.4, I have logged well over 750 flights on helicopters (hint: Metal, carbon fiber and plastic components; NOT wood) without an issue. Also I changed my battery system to a 7.2 regulated system. I threw away the 4.8 crap, because I knew it was not up to par for the 5 digital servos, 1 gyro, and 1 governor installed on my machines. I've seen a number of helicopters go down on 2.4, and the endstate is always the same, installation. So yes, I believe that gives me the experience to talk about installation problems, since mine are still flying and I've experienced others that are not. Sorry I was not there to see your airplanes fall out the sky.

ORIGINAL: rosek007
So basically what you're saying is it's ok if for eg. toyota makes 10 cars and ford makes 5 for toyota to have for eg 5 that the brakes don't work and ford will have 1 because they make less???? when exactly did we become a society of people that settle for that???,
You missed the point. By just shear volume of product sold, there is a chance that a certain percentage of the units will sneak by Quality Control and end up being defective. I used to work at a large company and that is the sad truth. The product is the best they can design, produce and it gets better every time they re-design it but that is at the prototype level. When you talk about mass production, they do not have time or resources to check every single unit produced, so there is a chance that some will end up defective. This cannot be avoided. How much do you want to pay for a receiver?

Rafael

I don't think i missed the point at all, lets use the jr 9503 for eg...didn't they have to recall them all? I absolutely agree that when a product is being sold in high volumes there will be one, two a few or even a few hundred that missed the mark, But having a weakness in your system and ignoring it is and should be unacceptable not only to the JR owners but also to the folks that put their life in danger everytime they are at the airfield when someone there is flying with a jr cause you don't know when one of the the accepted lockous/brownouts are going to happen. If you or I should go up to the first 10 people we meet with a JR tx and ask how many lockouts/brownouts or crashes they have had with it and 10 people that have the fasst system and ask the same what do you think the result will be? Maybe thats the next poll WB1 should do...
I would but at this point I would be super biased because of my experience...

Kevin

Kevin, I asked that same question before about 10 Fast setups vs. 10 Spektrum set ups o a thread just likethis one not too long agoand nobody had the cojones to answer honestly. This question and topic will continue until JR/Spektrum and all the people using the systems admits that a obviuous problem is there and it needs to be fixed. It's that simple. Sometimes the truth hurts.