RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which JR\Spectrum receiver did you crash with?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
rosek007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which JR\Spectrum receiver did you crash with?

[quote]ORIGINAL: rosek007

Well I do believe you have got it, Mr. Morden.
Yes I was being personally insulting to you and your response indicates I was justified in doing so. You don't think you insulted all of us who have experienced these unexplainable crashes when you make the comment about improper setup? I was right in throwing it back in your face because I and several others took the time to detail the circumstances and the setup. YOU didn't seem to have read those posts before you made that inane ''setup'' comment. Obviously most crashes ARE caused by pilot error and improper setup. That's not what this thread is about. It's all about when the setup WAS right and nothing SHOULD have gone wrong, yet it did. So when you jump in here shooting your mouth off about improper setup, you directly insult a lot of people. If you can't see that then it's because you just won't admit it.

I'll give you one thing though. You apparently are capable of cogent thought because your response to rosek007 was fairly good. The only thing I might add is that I really don't think this is a matter of defective units. The situations seems to be that a rx works perfectly for many flights, then locks up once, and then performs perfectly afterward. This seems to me to be an unanticipated failure mode, i.e. a design inadequacy. As both a ham radio operator, electrical engineer, and software developer I can totally see that happening. There may even be more than one hidden failure mode lurking in the background. And as I've pointed out before, I've seen it happen to a 2.4 Futaba system also. Maybe the 2.4 GHz spectrum is too crowded. Maybe something else. But I do believe there is something real here.

You know, it's almost like the UFO business. 90% or more of the sightings are explainable but there's that 10% or so by reliable witnesses that you can't deny. Probably the majority of lock ups can be explained by brownouts or some other setup problem. It's just that percentage of incidents that are outside of those reasons that we're talking about on this thread. That's why I get so ticked off when people ignorantly lump all the occurrences into the ''improper setup'' box. Especially when we take pains to explain that wasn't it!! Maybe, Rafael, you didn't intend on overtly insulting people but you did. And after having heard the same stupid comment by many people, I got totally fed up with it.
[/

I agree 1000%...like I said, I was like him once, couldn't tell me nothing bad about JR, however that was 72mhz and i just can't trust to fly the JR 2.4...i'm not saying any other manufacturer is better or worse i'm just saying if it was me and my improper setup crashing my planes it hasn't happened with another manufacturers product even when i'm using the same crappy batteries and the same retarded installation....

Kevin