RCU Forums - View Single Post - My First Helo Venom Ozone
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 01:03 AM
MikeMoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My First Helo Venom Ozone

Hi

I have a Syma S107 and I can tell you that it is the best flying mini helicopter you can get.
I have over 8 hours air time on mine now, all in myliving-room.
The control is so positive that you can rotate it exactly 90 degrees and when you release the stick it stops dead on.
It has good forward speed, and will hover in the same spot without rotating forever.
I'm going to order another one in case something happens to this one.

I liked it so much I bought a S006 to fly outdoors, but it does't compare with the S107 for control and stability.

I get flight time between 7 and 8 minutes and in all those hours I have not had anything break.

I charge it off my PC and when the light comes on I quit what I'm doing and go fly it.
Best of all you can get one for only $30.

I too wish it was Radio Controlled so I could fly it out doors, I have done so late in the evening just before dark and it worked well as long as I didn't let it get too far away.

I have a S006G on order, I'm hoping it will fly better then my S006. It has a number of improvements, it has a gyro, a larger tail rotor, a high speed button for the tail rotor for flying out doors, and a better transmitter with a throttle you can set and a knob for trim.

I did get the S006 to fly pretty well but I had to ad a 2" boom sticking out of the nose with a 45 Caliber lead ball on the end of it. That increased the speed enough to fly in a very light breeze (very, very light), and I'm figuring on doing something similar on the S006G when I get it.
Without the leverage of the boom it took 2 lead balls and the weight started to effect the performance. I made the boom out of aflexibleplastic tube that won't break when it hits the ground.
I'm still experimenting with how little weight I can carry and how long the boom can be, the longer the boom the less weight required.

Mike