RCU Forums - View Single Post - Going for it. BTE Venture kit.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going for it. BTE Venture kit.

I got some plans and was impressed. I have ordered my Venture 60 kit from Bruce Tharpe Engineering.

Bruce designed (among others) the 4 Star 40 and 120 for Sig. His Venture was designed to remedy some of the minor bugs in the original design including rudder coupling an maneuvers and bouncing on landing. Ventures had an dedicated sort of cult following but went out of production for years. Bruce finally started making them and you can order by phone through his site www.btemodels.com .

Bruce is a nice guy and will chat when you order if you have questions. He gave me some good info about mounting LG in the wings. And he is said to be available if you have questions or problem while building.

I understand these kits have great wood and most accurate machine cutting. He says no die crunching or laser burns!

Will post a review of the kit when it comes in and keep you posted on the build.

My plan is to bash a bit with tail feather, turtle deck and aileron shape changes plus wing LG to make a sort of stand way off scale P 51B.

Tom