RCU Forums - View Single Post - My First Helo Venom Ozone
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:44 AM
MikeMoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My First Helo Venom Ozone

Hi

It's funny that the Venom has the throttle on the right side, my S006 has it on the left side and it is the same transmitter.
In fact the helicopters are almost identical from what I can see in the pictures.

I'm waiting for my S006 to charge right now I flew it earlier and had another thought.
I'm going to try it with the little wing thing on the boom removed next time.

My thinking is that the rotor wash blows on this forcing the tail down and inhibits the forward speed.
The more throttle the more down force on the tail when you really want the tail to come up.

I have also considered the idea that maybe instead of a weight, a small wing on the nosethat would catch the rotor wash would help force the nose down and increase the speed without adding weight. This could be adjusted by rotating it more of less horizontal, increasing and decreasing the exposed area.

I may try that after I see what happens the next time I fly it with the rear wing removed.

The thing is flying pretty well now even in enough breeze to make the leaves move a little, my only real problem is that itoccasionally just looses the signal and either sticks on full throttle or fall out of the air. To say that it has a 100 foot range is way over estimating it, I range checked it and it seems to go out at around 30'.

I'm looking forward to trying out the S006G that has already made an effort to correct some of these issues.

Mike