RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fliteskin Ta-152 H1
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fliteskin Ta-152 H1

IMHO, foam 2 piece wing. Don't like seeing separation on outer panels for the sake of having a model sit on its gears, plus the fit will start to look bad after a few season of flying. With the gear being wide as is it on the 190 you will need to remove the wing to put inside your car anyways. Why foam? anyone can put it together and build a perfect wing, that's what foam wings do for a lot of folks, a built up being this long (glider type wing) care must be taken to prevent any kind of unwanted twist, as it will show greatly on this bird when its in the air. Its easy to work with foam once you have it prepared to accept what you need in it, not to mention its a perfect combination for fliteskin wing sheeting. I have built two Holman 190s and foam wings are definitely stronger than built up, I have broken a d9 fuse on a very hard landing but the wing and retract mounts was unaffected, typically in this condition I would have to rebuild a wing. If this is generally the same scale as the Holman or Sist D9 it will not weigh that much more, i can bet it will be lighter than a Sist D9 composite kit as they tend to reach 30lbs