RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build your own PBF (Pizza Box Flyer, Flying Pizza Box)
Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Build your own PBF (Pizza Box Flyer, Flying Pizza Box)

Well, my props haven't come in yet so I put an APC 10x3 the McDDD and It was really nice. AAnnndd I got the fuel problem figured out. Did I go buy a different gallon of fuel? No. I looked at the open gallon I had of that awful, miserable, pink junk and even though shaking it didn't make the milk shake like it did, it still ran terrible in my normal planes. You could here it up there sizzling as the plane went buy. So I looked at the gallon, figured about what half of it was AAAANNNND poured that amount of Fox Superfuel into it. I don't know WHAT the percent of all synthetic garbage oil was in the fuel before, but 1/3 of it is now 28% pure AAA Castor. I flipped over twice which killed the engine, a pain because I left my starter at home, but other than that the engine didn't die once. And when I out to pick it up? It wasn't steaming, there wasn't any sizzling. I wasn't getting a sunburn from standing next to it like I was last weekend. Luckily I have a gallon and a half of the Superfuel left AND judging by my Fox35 flying as of late, that's gonna go bad before I get a chance to use it all. So I'm covered for the last gallon of that pink, garbage.

Because I forgot the starter and the PBF is real good about needing restarted, I just flew 3 tanks of fuel through the McDDD after mowing the field this morning. I did 3 tail touches and finally, because a gust of wind came over and I didn't catch it, I broke my 10x3 and put a 10x4 on it. Didn't spool up as fast and made it a bit harder. This was also an APC 10x4 so I bet the MA 10x4 more closely matches the APC10x3.

Hope they come in the mail today.

So, thats it. I won't dominate this thread any longer I'll just get out and practice and maybe see you at the Northern Knights ProBro, whenever that is. Thanks for the plans for these two planes, gonna go wear em out and replace them again and again.