RCU Forums - View Single Post - Senior Telemaster "short" kit build
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
vmsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Senior Telemaster

Date: October 15, 2007

Not much work tonight.

First, I am trying to straighten the warped spar stock I have. I posted on RCU on how to do it, and I got advice on using ammonia. So I tried that tonight. First, I built a container. I bought some PVC pipe about 5 feet long, an end cap, and for the other end, one that I could put on a screw cap.

Once built, I mixed a 50/50 ammonia/water dilution and poured into the tube. I inserted the spar and filled until with it completely submerged, the tube was full. Ammonia has a real kick to it. So don't breath! I screwed on the cap, and let it soak for about three hours.

Once the soaking was done, I remove the spar and clamped it to the inside angle of some aluminum angle stock. I clamped it every 3 or 4 inches. In both directions. I stored both the drying stick, and the tube out in the garage. Like I said, it's got a kick.

My other project for the evening was to start gluing up the trailing edge material. I stopped at the LHS tonight and bought a few more sticks of TE stock. My bandsaw is coming in handy. I ripped some 1/8" stock the width of the TE stock and glued it them together. I need to rip another bunch, and glue it on as well, and I'll have the right thickness material. But I have to wait for the glue to dry tonight.

Picture 1: The right wing half, waiting for the TE stock to be added.
Picture 2: The first stage of TE stock glued and clamped.
Picture 3: The left wing half, waiting for the spar to dry straight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54991.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1479778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97135.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1479779   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27548.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	79.0 KB