RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
ILv2Xlr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

I've mounted a saito 72 sideways in an Ultrastick 40, where the center line of the fuel tank is below the carb. but I'm having trouble getting it to idle. If I richen up the low end, it eventually bogs down and shuts down; if I lean it out, it will not idle.

I'm using a 13x6 MA prop, and using Wildcat YS20/20 fuel, OS-F plugs. I use this fuel and plugs on a Saito 52 with no problems, but it is mounted vertically.

I broke this motor in with the same prop and fuel on an engine stand mounted vertically and got it to idle <3K RPM, and the fuel tank centerline was above the carb.

When mounting it sideways in the ultrastick, the mixture was way too rich from its setting from the engine stand and I had to lean it out; however, I have not been able to get the low end tuned in this configuration. With high end needle set to 2.25 turns, and low end set to 2 turns in from flush, it will idle with the glow igniter attached, but will shut down in less than a minute when removed.

Any suggestions?

I've thought about getting a pump, but do perry pumps work in sideways configuration mounted under the motor as I thought they had to be mounted in line with the piston?