RCU Forums - View Single Post - HoneyBee CP3
Thread: HoneyBee CP3
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 PM
dchin62973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HoneyBee CP3

ORIGINAL: redman4264

I just purchased a Honeybee cp3 and am awaiting delivery. Has bought or flown one of these that can give a little input as to how it flies? Also how hard would it be to upgrade to brushless? I can't seem to find to much info on this bird besides a few videos but seems there are not many posts from owners. Would like to know how it stacks up to a HBCP2 or a Eflight Blade. I see it has a dd tail motor which i think is a +.

I cannot find any upgrade parts for it though. Does anyone know where i can get some and are any interchangable with other esky birds? Also would like to know if i am limited to buying stock replacement blades or will others fit also.

There doesn't seem to be many places to get these heli's from. Is this because maybe it is fairly new or because it just not that popular? I hope i did not make a mistake buying this heli. I guess for the money RTF is not to bad. Seems to be capable of light 3d not that i am that good yet. Any input on these heli's will be much appreciated.
Okay, we have just completed our latest mod for the entry level 6-Channel E-SKY HB CP3 CP helicopter. There is NO need to switch your existing Rx/TX to a Spectrum. A high speed brushless main motor to complement the Direct Drive (DD) tail motor. We also added the Super Skids 200 landing gear system, the E-SKY Metal Rotor head Kit, as well as the Carbon Fiber Tail boom, Carbon Fiber laminate composite blades, and a vertical fin with real metal tail struts. We also changed the LIPO battery to a higher "c" rated LIPO of 20c with a 30c top-end burst. We then added a 3-amp ATO Fast blow fuse for the stock Direct Drive Motor and added a nice ON/OFF Power switch for convenience.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfFIMyDJW8[/youtube]

:d
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sq45659.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1481623