RCU Forums - View Single Post - Himax 6330-F3A Pattern Motor
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:35 PM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Himax 6330-F3A Pattern Motor

Luke, I see we fly the same set up (motor, controller and prop). My question is why your mah consumption is so much higher than mine for the same sequence. What is the field elevation/AGL of your field. My plane weighs approx 10 lbs 6 1/2 oz and if you read one of my responses above you see I run the Flightmax 4400mah 15c packs. Keep in mind, this is my third year flying electric. I started with TP packs but they did not last long due to my inexperience and poor guidance along the way so I started using the Flightmax packs because of weight and availabilty not to mention their affordable cost. I will admit one has to be very careful with them. But, they are hard to beat and I'm still saving at least 8 oz. I typically use 2700-3100 flying the current Master's Routine. Now, I don't fly the "big and fast" style that we've all seen and practice throttle management as much as possible and never "drill holes or fun fly". I feel that we all have spent alot of money in this pursuit and am not going to put my equipment at risk. A couple of more questions. I see by Eagle Tree graph above you can easily use the TP 4350 5s packs. When you do use them and what is your all up weight? I look forward to your response____Everette