RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Muddiman Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Wow... lots of thin skin and hostility here! [sm=punching.gif]

I fly Learjets for a living, so forgive me for allowing my professional aviator's sense of safety to creep into this discussion, especially after seeing cars driving toward you on that "dead end street" during your takeoff roll. I (and I hope nobody else) just don't want to see a 100+mph Flying Machine going through someones windshield and embedding itself into an innocent motorist's chest... which would be another black eye for the RC hobby. With the RC hobby under the FAA's microscope right now, I'd think that people would be more responsible... but I guess not. But I guess after all, it is a terrible inconvenience to drive to the flying field when you just have to fly NOW.

Use your heads, people. It's more than just a hatrack.

Roly, you've got a great Flying Machine there. Your son looks to be a skilled pilot. He's at an impressionable age... show him responsibility... even if that means driving 45 minutes to your flying field.

Have a great day, and a better one tomorrow, and think ahead. Plan for the unexpected. Always have an "out".

Now, let's get back to Flying Machines discussion, OK? You've got no fight with me, so please don't try to. I'm not, and don't want to be, your enemy.