RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Muddiman Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Condor060
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Thanks for the cudos but Don and Tom were the guysputting on the show. I was J.A.F.O. in those trucks while Don and Tom handled the birds. We would clear traffic while they landed, refueled, and took off again. Chasingthose F15s with the trucks was one of my greatest memories. I haveattached a picture of that day to this post. We were on the side ofthe road taking a break. Don is in the middle and Tommy is sitting on the truck. They were a great team.

You can find it on Dons website.I was justlucky enough to fly in their club. Don found me in the late 70s(a snot nosed kid) flying on a road one day with my 2 channel Sig Coltwith no AMA, no frequency flag, and no clue what I was doing.He invited me to come fly with themat their field. He was a mentor to anyone who joined that club and spent as much time helping usnewbies as he did flying his own stuff.

I was there when the first flying machine hit the skys. Those were some good days my friend. The Cloud Dancers were real deal. If I remember I think we used to hold our monthly club meetings at night atthe local bank. Don had the keys to the back door. Try doing that these days. lol

They spent thousands and thousands of hours building and flying for Byron Originals. It was a real treat to be there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82659.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	1482353