RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trailer Buying Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Flyin Beagle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trailer Buying Help Needed

I am beginning the process of buying a trailer for my planes. I have one major limiting factor that I must contend with in my search. I am required by my neighborhood covenants to store my trailer in my garage. The problem I have is that my door is only 7' tall and I am 6' tall. I have noticed a big differnece in ride height between trailer brands. Does anyone have any info or suggestions on which trailers have the least amount of ground clearance therfore the most potential interior headroom possible. Are there any differnt types of suspension or axles that I should look for that will help me gain more interior height. I know that I am not going to be able to stand up in the trailer, but at the same time I dont want a trailer that is jacked way up in the air wasting potential interior space. The lowest riding trailers I have seen are Uhaul trailers, and I know they will fit in my garage as I used one when I moved some furniture in the rain this spring. Does anyone know who makes these?

Also any other suggestion or lessons learned (door types, lock types, vents, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I have read through the majority of the trailer threads here and while I have come across some great ideas, I have not found any info specifically regarding this subject.

Thanks for your insight.