RCU Forums - View Single Post - X-treme Jets Dragon Crash
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
tabstein01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-treme Jets Dragon Crash

Hi Friends,

I'm posting what happened with this jet, this is the story:

I bought the Dragon from RC Jet International, the plane was in stock at LA, talk to Jeff Tolomeo and the deal was made, the plane was shipped to Nogalez, AZ, and I brought it to Mexico, when I review all the plane I realized that missing fuel tank, the tube wing and tail pipe, then I contact Jeff and informed him, He replied that Skymaster will send me the things missing, I told me, this is a good service.

When the missing parts arrived I finish the plane and it was equipped with JR 8711 servos on ailerons, elevators and flaps, and servos Hitec 5645mg in nose wheel and 225 mg in brake valves, gear and gear doors, batteries li-ion from fromeco for Receiver and turbine of 5200 mah each, regulator fromeco to 6 volts and 750 FTE turbine.

On Sunday August 1 debuts the plane at my club, the first flight was very well, the plane flew very straight, without trends and very easy to land, I do not full fill the tanks in this first flight because I feared it was to much weight, I filled with only 110 oz, the tanks had a capacity of 150 oz, the first flight was a success, when the plane landed I made an inspection to be sure everything was fine and in place.

The second and third flights were a success to, with each flight I got felt more comfort with the airplane, was in the fourth flight when the things gone wrong.

In the fourth flight, I put a video camera in the pilot seat to record the flight, in this flight i did loops, rolls, etc, when I was flying the plane and made a Knife edge flight the cockpit pull of from the plane and made a spi[youtube][/youtube]n and crashed, the plane was burned, I lost everything only just one part of the wing and elevator and turbine burned was left.

I just lose everything by a structural failure of the plane, on Wednesday August 4 l send an email to Jeff Tolomeo and informed him what happened, and attach the video link and photos of the plane, and I told him that Skymaster was the responsible for my loss due the structural failure. He answer me on Thursday, August 5 and tell me he was sorry to see what happened and would send photos and video to Skymaster and inform me what they say.

On Wednesday August 11 I send another email to Jeff to see what news he had, and I had not answered.

That is why I decided to upload this to the forum, to see what I can do, or what are your opinions an if you can help and advise me.

Thank you very much everybody.

Luis Fernando Perez
Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico.
[youtube][/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgGQXkORqoM]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgGQXkORqoM