RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***My first 46 Custom Gasser with PICS and VIDS***
Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 PM
exotica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***My first 46 Custom Gasser with PICS and VIDS***

...well yesterday bought a VERY big smile to my face. After getting my Zen modded by Ken Retallick here in Melbourne and a Ken Retallick custom pipe let me tell you there was serious change to the attitude of the boat, lol. I installed the turn fin, prop was also prepared by Ken so it was time to take her out again and get her wet. Cold, rainy day, strong wind, chopbut that didnt stop my friend and me. Well after about two hours running, tuning, retreiving and one dunk, the desired result I was after had been smashed!! I set out to create a genuine 40-45mph chinese gasser (which weighs in at 19 pounds no fuelmind you) and a few laughed.

Well now you can go and laugh at yourselves. This hull ran an 87kph (55mph) pass running into the wind and I had to kill the engine approx5 seconds after it came on pipe due to my RX batt starting to fail me and a very fast approaching bank!!! As it turned out, it ended up running up the bank on the other side of the lake, no damage. Let me tell you I had a grin from ear to ear after the initial scare in my pants . I have no doubt that it might have done 60+mph had I have not killed (shut down) the engine as it was just gaining speed and momentum.I cant wait now to get it on the water under better conditions for some more testing and tuning as I need to increase the pipe length so she gets on pipe quicker. It was to wet and rainy for a video camera, but next time for sure!!!

A big thank you to Ken for working his magic on this motor and the others who have chimed in with help, info and suggestions.

Im now thinking just how fast this motor and pipe may run in a real serious cat which would weigh a hell of a lot less im looking for my next build already....lol ADDICTED!