RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane Storage Method Pros and Cons
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
shaggy48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplane Storage Method Pros and Cons

OK I know it's a little early to be worrying about winter storage but a recent picture of how someone else keeps their planes got me thinking about another post I read that said it was better to store your planes nose down -supposedly to keep the bearings lubricated. Don't know if there's a good, better, best and definate no - no, when it comes to how you store your plane(s). I made some brackets to fit the landing gear of each plane I own and store them vertically on my garage wall(s). This way I can put them up in one piece (wings included), and take them down by grabbing the rear of the fuse. I can also charge my batteries while the planes are out of the way, still on the wall. But I'm curious, other than making sure that all the fuel is gone after each flight (the mufflers will drip a little old fuel) should I be concerned about storage this way? Or would it be better to store them horizontally, using the ceiling as some people do? What does the RCU experts think? Here are a few pics of my entire hangar (garage walls) to date. Also says something about my flying progression since getting back into the hobby. IF you're curious, I went from the estarter foamie to the trainer, to the yak and then the escapade. Still enjoy flying each one but the escapade has become my favorite flyer. But thats another thread.

Shaggy

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22294.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1485548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33950.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1485549