RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spend my money.... Transmitter??
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spend my money.... Transmitter??

Don't buy another radio until you actually need it.

Why?  Because you don't yet know what you really need, or what features are important to you.  The advice from guys on the Internet about their favorite brand or model gives you insight into just one thing:  what they themselves prefer.  Better to discover what you prefer, and purchase whatever that might be.

It's a lot like shopping for shoes.  One pair that your buddy loves probably won't fit your feet just because they fit the other guy.  (Bad example.  Been spending too much time with the Boss.  Think beer instead.)

Take the time to find out what is important to you.  Take the time to try different transmitters at the hobby shop or at the field.  Things like ball-bearings may or may not mean a thing to you after you've actually held the transmitter and tried the sticks.

And if you don't need a radio right now, better things always come to those who wait.  Hitec has a nice telemetry feature that shows your receiver pack voltage on your transmitter.  Spektrum just came out with that, too.  Those sorts of things will filter into other companies product lines pretty quickly.