RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-30 gas troubles
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Gabrielsande

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saito FG-30 gas troubles

Right tested it today

After all that time spent on sunday STILL THE SAME!!!,took off, and was doing the same losing power on knife edge,missing at half throttle,etc etc!.

so Took the cowl off and done few adjustments to the high end and low end,before trying again with no cowl, and then!... I looked to the ignition sensor and I thought mmm lets try to move the timming,so released those bolts enough to let me slide the sensor,then fired the engine up, and it was mising at half throttle,like being reach, so left it at half throttle, and moved the sensor foward and backwards and the problem disapeared!!, it was too advanced from factory!.(i know it migh be because different fuels,but my other cheap chinese engines came tested and set from factory,never had to move the timming at all!)

Then set the high end for max rpm and backed up a bit,same to the low end, lean to a nice idle then back a bit, took of with no hestiation, knife edge was perfect eaven wanted to loop on the rudder on low rates,very consistant fly  pretty fast just at 1/4 throttle,hovers at 1/2 and pulls out super fast!,

but if you fly too slow and let the engine cooling down, when you go quick to full throttle from there and you pull up sharply, it coffs a bit and then goes,good because does not lose power it keeps going,flying at level is ok from idle to full power, is just when pulling up sharply. same as with a glow engine. this fault really does not bother me, but I think it could be cured just fine tunning those neddles betwen flights.

Still waiting for the evolution oil, still with the amsoil dominator for now,but at 30=1 instead the breather pipe lefts a nice oily trial on the bottom of the fus,anyway Im not pushing the engine too much,full throttle just for short periods and only going up.

Will post an other video soon