RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:48 AM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

you can put some spooge(rtv silicon) on the cowl bolts, it does help....i check my muffler bolts usually during the week or before my 1st flight of the day, i know it may be more often than needed but with access to the bolts through the cowl it only takes a minute or 2, i had one come loose on my old 80cc and ended up vibrating and messing up the muffler and threads, sucked, now i use blue locktite and check em like i mentioned, you dont need to try and tighten them each time cause you can break the locktite loose, but i put a wrench on it and make sure its still snug, on your engine the bolts are sideways when plane is upright right? reason i ask i found with my twin where the mufflers stick out from the bottom, i put the plane on its side after putting locktite on the bolts, that way the stuff pools on the sides of the threads and has more surface area to grab on to, when upright it runs back down and only holds a few threads around the head, learned that trick at a machine shop a long time ago, did some testing with locktite and there was a definet difference in strength when let dry sideways as oppsoed to vertical, so i do it on its side and leave it for a day to dry...btw glad your liking the yak this time