RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

Yeah....my muffler bolts are sidways when the plane is upright. I used Hi Temp silicone on the muffler bolts. It does hold pretty well. It actually came apart where the header joins the tuned pipe. The clamp didn't hold. So I roughened the header a little and used some silicon there. It seems to be holding now. I'll try a bit of silicon on the cowl bolts. That's a good idea.

And I am liking this Yak much better. I have about 10* more elevator throw than I did my first one. Seems to have made a tremedous difference in flat spins. And I love to flat spin so that is a great improvement to me. I'm having a great time with this airplane. It's taken me a few flights just to get back in the rythem. But it seems to be coming back now. I really haven't flown at all since I hurt my shoulder in September until a couple of weeks ago. But I'm getting very comfortable now. At least as comfortable as I can expect. I'm thinking I'm gonna take my 110 out with the 88 tomorrow. The 110 is just setting there ready to go...with the wheels on...it needs to be tested again. Gonna be a nice day.
thanks
Barry