RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

ORIGINAL: EXTREME FLIGHT

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Yak Barry. I 've had similar issues with the pipe slipping out of the Teflon coupler. One solution is to drill a small hole through the coupler and pipe and tap it for a 4-40 bolt. Put a washer on a short 4-40 bolt that is just long enough to get through the thickness of the coupler and pipe wall and insert it with a couple drops of red loctite. This has worked well for me.
Thanks for the tip. I've got it silconed and I added a 2nd clamp. Seems to be holding nicecly now.

Flew tonight and got 4 more flights in. I was all alone at the field. So it gave me some time to concentrate on trimming and balance. I added a 1/2 oz weight to me RH wing tip. That helped quite a bit in waterfalls. Need a bunch less rudder to keep them quick and vertical. Also added a small mix to the alilerons on KE flight. This thing KE just about perfect now. You can take your right hand off and still do a beautiful KE right down the center of the runway. The lateral balance seemed to even help a little in flat spins. But I did some great flat spins tonight. I reduced the ailerons and used only low rates and 3D rates on rudder and elevator and got them really flat and picked up the throttle to about 2/3 to really get it spinning fast before it flips out. Nice.

On my last flight there was zero wind and about 85* F. I had about as nice a flight as I've ever had. Everything just seemed to click it was fun. Great night.

Went over everything at the end. Things seem to be holding tight now. I need to adjust my rudder cables just a little bit tighter.

Wheels seem to be staying on....

Any tips on rolling harriers would be appreciated. I'm still just not getting it. Shouldn't it be pretty much the same inputs for rolling circles? Somehow I just can't seem to keep the nose up.

Thanks
Barry