RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Just got back from freezing in the SE corner of QLD (down to 12 degrees damm it) and playing at Calvert field. Of course I had to talk to the troops about fuels etc so here is the wash up from about 20 flyers at Calvert and other places

Cool power blue, used for sports 4 stroke and 2 stroke engines as well, medium viscosity etc and also used in comps by those with tight purse strings
Cool power pink low viscosity used by the helicopter boys and in fact Tates use it in their pre mixed fuels, I and others like me use it in the competition engines.

NOW apart from the obvious motor bike (2 strokes) oil that a lot of people there are a number of 3D flyers and scale racing comp fliers using Cool power blue in their petrol (gas) engines with lots of time on the engines (50 hrs racing and / or practise) and no apparent detrimental effect on said engines

And for those in the North Uncle Les at Innisfail has all sorts of Cool Power Oils (I have my 5 litres of pink put aside) and in the South Wings Over the Downs at Toowomba is a good place to start.

I hope the last doesn't offend or break the rules but these people support and look after us isolated people and for soe are hard to find.

To answer W8ye it is some times harder to get good fuel supplies (and components) in the cities than out here in the "bush". I actually send bits to my mate in Rosewood just outside Brisbane because he can't get the stuff from the city based Hobby Shops