RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beaver DHC-2
Thread: Beaver DHC-2
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:01 AM
military mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beaver DHC-2

Hi Scale only 4 me
I did think about asking Mr. Aerodesign to enlarge his plans by 11%. But the only problem that I would have is, he uses a lot of fiberglass, for the Engine cowl (front section), Engine cowl (rear section), Canopy, Wing tips (2), Tail cone, Carburetor air intake, Oil cooler, Strobe pod, which I would have to make my self. Now I don't mind making one or two parts but I would not like making all nine parts . Having said that I would do it if I cannot get what I want of the shelf so to speak, its just that I would end up make maybe 30 parts in fiberglass before I would be happy with them. I am just not that good at working with fiberglass. Then we come to the undercarriage I really like his functional rubber shock absorber which you could modified to work but then you will need four more fiberglass leg fairing.
I did get an email last night about a 1/5 scale Beaver, but when I started digging, it turned out to be a plan enlarged from a Model Airplane news it started at 70.25 inches It seams to be that plan that is being sold my many. I just wonder who has the right to sell this plan. Anyway I digress, I have seen 1/5 and 1/4 beavers in some other forums as well as this one so someone must know from where they come from please?
One last thing I still have not heard from the EBayer with the 114 inch span Beaver !