RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix HV85 issue
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix HV85 issue

Tonight I installed my new HV85. All seems well. While doing that I realized that I never uploaded the settings on the ESC that mysteriously changed the throttle endpoints. So, after my new one was all set up I went ahead and connected the original one via Castle Link. Much to my surprise it turns out that the one which shifted the throttle endpoints had actually reset itself to factory defaults! Yep, everything was set to default settings. Auto endpoint setting is the default. That explains it. That also explains why it didn't respond properly when I tried to set manual endpoints. I uploaded my standard config file to it and it worked fine.

So, how, exactly did this thing reset itself? I have a very strict ritual I go through when I turn on and arm the ESC. There is no way that I went through the stick motions to reset the settings manually. I had hundreds of flights on that thing without ever reprogramming it. Maybe the arming "spark" is causing a random problem every now and then?

I hope that if anyone notices this kind of thing then they should check the settings first.

I will send my second one back in for repair. Funny, when I compared it to my brand new one I noticed that the heat sink wasn't really covering the output FET's very well and there was no visible thermal conductive compound on the FET's.

Hopefully my saga is over. After all is said and done I'll have an extra HV85 that I will probably sell. I didn't need to buy a new one. I did notice that there was no LED flashing on my new one. I'll check it over......