RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix HV85 issue
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
lectrictech
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix HV85 issue

Would you please explain you experiences or whomever had a problem. I routinely leave my cell phone in my Xmtr case while at the field so it will not bother me while flying. In light of this info I will leave it in my truck from now on. I always check flight controls while taxing before takeoff but it may change something less noticeable. I have wondered if cell phones /cell towers could cause a problem. I have been offered a sod field to fly from by a local farmer 2 Mi from my house but there is a cell tower in the field behind it and I don't know what would happen when the plane is in the air and closer to the tower than the transmitter or at a higher location. A little late once your 2M plane goes out of control and I don't plan on being the test dummy for that. Could the cell tower over power the receiver as with AM or FM radio? I am reluctant to fly in areas that have cell/radio towers and or HV power lines near their location. What if someone walks up while your flying with a cell phone and it rings or they make a call? I know my cell phone drives my computer speakers nuts if its with in 20'. I can here interference on my speakers just before the phone rings. I'm sure some electronic guru on this site will have the answers good or bad. It is something to consider is it not?