RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK Small Bolt Hydro same as HOTR
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:43 AM
carakter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK Small Bolt Hydro same as HOTR

@beejay - it's good you had that sorted out. I did sense that it was your battery as you could still run it for 3 mins.
I will plug in my Wattmeter when I go to the pond and see how much amps the motor is pulling.
I just got my new lipo today. It's the Turnigy nano-tech - 3S -2200mah - 25-50C discharge.
I can't tell the exact weight as I don't have a scale, but site says 187 grams.
It's a nice fit. I can mount it sideways thereby giving me freedom in moving the COG.

I hope to test this soon in a real pond.

As you can see, I repositoned the esc to the rear, this will provide unrestricted battery placement.
Also tried installing the 4200Kv outrunner motor. I hope the stock ESC holds up.
Will probably install a cooling fan temporarily until I get the motor cooling sorted out.

Turnigy 2200mah nano-tech 3S battery positoned lenghtwise (25 - 50C discharge! ) Enough space even with the stock inrunner motor.

Battery positioned crosswise - up front. Sure glad I got this battery, no force-fitting here, battery moves freely from side to side.

Battery positioned near the motor. Lots of space here to play with the COG - center of gravity.

Next on the list isthe Octura X430 & 432, and maybe a 427 if I get the higher Kv motor in the future - will probably need that ESC upgrade by then.