RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK Small Bolt Hydro same as HOTR
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 AM
nickster46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK Small Bolt Hydro same as HOTR

Thanks for the answer.
My ESC temperature is normal. Is it a bit warm, not hot.
The Lipo is very hot. So I guess it has to work hard to provide enough amps for the high kv motor?
The 4800kv outrunner was way too hot! I burn my finger. I know that high temps are bad for the magnetic function. This motor won't stay long in the small bolt. I am very happy with the octura x432 and I prefer to adjust my setup to this prop. So I would rather take a motor with less kv (now ordered 3600kv) and stay with the x432 than change to a smaller prop in order to use the high kv motor (wich is also negative for running time and wear of the strut and shaft). With a bigger prop the boat 'moves' more water wich will increase speed too. But I have the feeling that my boat isn't showing his full performance compared to youtube video's. I 've seen the stock engine's performance but it looks like my boat is restricted (by the batteries I use?) But again I know this will only be seen at a video, wich I hope to create today.

The information about my batteries are as follows:
2x 2200mah 3s 20C Lipo
1x 1800mah 3s 25C Lipo

The outrunner will be removed soon because I don't like the heat. Maybe I will put 4Son it, seeing if it fries :P