RCU Forums - View Single Post - NITROMODELS REPLACEMENT PARTS REQUEST_Post Here
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 PM
arcticflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITROMODELS REPLACEMENT PARTS REQUEST_Post Here

Dear Nitro Staff, You huys have been good in the past I hope things are still that way. I just received and built a MaxJet F-18 Tiger Meet kit order(913465). Just to let you know I am an advanced builder/pilot with many years of RC experience. This however, was my first foam EDF kit. Build went fine and I liked the kit.....however on the maiden flight I took off and circled the field one time then lost roll control suddenly (still had elevator and throttle) which resulted in the destruction of the front half of the plane.
Upon inspection of the plane the receiver was still on and all the servos were still plugged in. None of the control surfaces were damaged. The receiver was NOT blinking which indicated no loss of signal. No flutter was heard from the control surfaces....I then cycled the controls and noticed that the inboard (FACTORY INSTALLED) hinge on the right wing had let go.... This hinge was clearly defective and caused the loss of my plane and possibly an expensive lipo battery.
Attached are photos of the hinge and plane. I am willing to send the portion of the wing with the aileron and defective hinge back to your location for inspection at my expense. I am requesting that the entire airframe (kit) be replaced as this was a factory defect.
Thanks, Stan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	us52688.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	1494844   Click image for larger version

Name:	dz80755.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	1494845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95712.jpg
Views:	25