RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]
Old 09-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

So, I have gotten away from Nitro quite a bit. I love it, but I just don't have a lot of open places to run nitros where the noise doesn't attract unwanted visitors... After running brushless/lipo setups for a while, I decided that it was time to convert one of my oldies to brushless...

See, I built some really awesome brushless trucks for my boys. My oldest has an older 3906 E-Maxx with a TON of stuff... Full 16.8V spec diffs/driveshafts, plastics, etc., RPM true track rear end, full RPM arms, RPM chassis braces, FLM chassis and braces, big bores, Novak HV-Pro 6.5 w/4S 30C pack, Gorilla Maxx single speed conversion and a few more goodies...

My youngest has an E-Savage with FLM extended chassis, GST shocks, HV-Maxx system w/6.5. He runs a single 2S 30C lipo... The older HV-Maxx wasn't able to handle 4S, but it is plenty quick with the 2S to be honest. I will probably put a 3S in it soon.

This whole time, I have been running a 1/16 Traxxas Rash (Slash body with Revo suspension) with the boys. I have been running anywhere from 2S-4S setups with this truck. 2S is more than enough for the truck. I usually put 2 2S packs in the truck and only run 1 2S at a time- the other is just for more weight to help plant the truck.

While the 1/16 Rash is a sight to behold in terms of outright speed and acceleration, it floats on the surface and gets bounced around like crazy in any kind of terrain. When my kids ran the rash over with their trucks, it always resulted in broken a-arms (until I got RPMs).

So, enter the new project...