RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]
Old 09-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

My Kyosho Mad Force RCX edition has been a shelf queen for the years I have owned it. No more. The truck is getting into some heavy lifting now. I have a ton of spare parts and the truck isn't going to have any kind of collector value to keep it on the sidelines any longer. It has a durable 1/8 scale drivetrain that with some mods, I believe will hold up to the Mamba Monster 2200kV and 4S well. The truck has New Era mods including the front bumper, critical steering servo relocation setup and suspension links.

Starting-

Last night, I gutted all of the nitro parts and bolted up the motor plate and transmission from a Twin Force. The Mamba Monster went in pretty well... There was some minor grinding that had to occur on the mount plate and the transmission top shaft mounts. I don't think the stock Twin Force slipper and spur will stand a chance against the Monster and I think that I may have to go double chains that connect the spur gear to the transmission below.

I don't think the challenge in this truck is the Mamba install persay, but I am quite certain that the top shaft, chain system, spur and slipper will require much beefier parts before this one becomes reliable.

This is the shelf queen body.

This is the body that I am going to beat the living tar out of.