RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4.6 Driving me Crazy.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
ERK419

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.6 Driving me Crazy.

I have a very similiar problem as another member in here.

As some of you know by my other posts I have just got back in the hobby after being out of it for a couple years. I'm trying to get the engine tuned but are running into troubles. Here are my problems! I have a Savage X 4.6 RTR.

I put my truck on blocks so the wheels are off the ground. As soon as I fire it up the wheels start spinning like crazy. I tried messing with the throttle trim but doesn't help. I set the throttle trim back to neutral and started messing with the idle screw. Depending on which way I go the idle get higher and lower but the wheels are still going crazy. As soon as I hit the brakes the engine dies. Some times to get it to fire up I have to bleep the gas and most of the time to keep it running I have to bleep the gas it still doesn't run to long. I figure this is a tunning issue but as long as my wheels are going crazy and using the brake kills the engine I can't even begin to start tuning. Anyone have any ideas this is driving me crazy! I 've been working on this for the last 2 days!

Thanks