RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 AM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

It has Been awhile since an update so here it is.

Both the red and blue YD Aero 112cc pilot extras are flying now. They both run fantastic.

The Blue one that we started running first has about 6 gallons through it and really is performing beyond my expectations. The motor has gone from a zdz starting pattern to a few flips and go pattern. I have flown several engines and this one is by far the most comfortable one that I have flown. Its the little things that matter such as the extremely low reliable idea at about 1200 rpms. Its nice to have the buffer between the low idle that the plane can perform and the idle that you fly at I.E. about 1600 for me. This motor is pulling around a monster airframe and with the power it has it almost like flying a big foamy. The midrange is everything that this company raves about and it super smooth.

I have tried a few diffrent props to see how the motor reacts.

Xoar 27x10- Unlimited vertical This prop was on for the first part of break in

Xoar 27 3Db-Has about the same performance as the above prop however the motor seems to spool up alittle faster

Xoar 27 3Da- Prop performed well. The plane had no bad habits with this prop. Spool up was super quick. We tried this prop due to the size of the airframe. The one downfall that we saw with this prop motor combo is that pull out of hovers were not always the same. We believe that this has to do with the prop flexing when poping the throttle. If you watched you left stick some the prop could handle the power that the motor produces.

Xoar 28x10- This prop performs well for IMAC style flying.

We will be testing 27x12 and 26x12 props soon. We are trying to cover all the size that guys typically would look at for diffrent styles of flying.

The red plane is performing like the blue plane it just has less gas running through the engine. On both of these planes we became really comfortable with the engines after the first few tank fulls. Niether engine has shown any bad habits. They both came out of the box with the same super low idle and they both are very spot on in the performance catagory from idle all the way through the high end.