RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine rebuild service?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
matt98svt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine rebuild service?

hi all,
i am just getting back into r/c planes with a hobbico nexstar plane. while at work a co-worker i was talking to tells me that her late husband who had passed 6 years ago flew r/c planes and that i was welcome to all of them if i would just come and get them. after spending this saturday bringing these home and taking inventory there are 7-8 engines from O.S., super tigre, etc that are in good condition but feel all "gummed up" i guess you could say when you turn over the engines. there are also about 10 of the little cox tiny engines that look pretty simple that i would like to rebuild as well since i used those in my youth. i think i could rebuild the cox engines, but not the larger engines. i doubt the larger engines need much more than a disassembly, cleaning, and tuning. so i guess my question is, is there a company or service out there that can get these engines back into flying condtion and clean them up and tune them for me that doesnt cost an arm and leg? thanks for any input -matthew