RCU Forums - View Single Post - Split list and classified section
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 PM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Split list and classified section

Hi All

I would like to throw out a couple of things for discussion and to the moderators I am going to post this on both flying pattern & electric pattern as both groups would be affected.

First, it appears that the pattern population is definitely taking a hard turn to electric. To illustrate this I ask you how many glow/ignition NEW aircraft has anyone seen being introduced lately. There are a few "combination" entries over the past two years like the Valiant and the Passport but the majority of new products being introduced for the most part are being directed toward Electric! [It appears to be a bigger market] There are a huge amount of pattern flyiers on these two forums that want to and do monitor BOTH forums. We are all "Pattern Flyers" and the two different forums divide our common interest to some extent. I guess what I am asking is for your input on going back to a single "Pattern Forum." What do you think?

Second, I have had several people with a mild interest in getting into pattern asking where they could go to find "Used Equipment" to get started in what we all know is not an inexpensive endeavor. There really is not a good place to try and sell our used equipment. I was wondering if there would be enough interest to add a "Pattern Classified" sub forum similar to what the Jets forum uses on RCU. There has from time to time been a discussion on what we could do to get more people involved in pattern and I think a "Classified" section with rules similar to what the Jets group uses could be of real beneifit to us all!

Please don't anyone get upset as I am just throwing this out as "Food For Thought!" Our sport is definitely changing and anything we can do to unify it and make it more appealing to new comers I would think benefits us all.

Regards
Dick