RCU Forums - View Single Post - Split list and classified section
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: Split list and classified section

Being new to RCU, what I find interesting is (at least lately) the threads really aren't discussing pattern but pattern planes and things associated with those planes i.e. chargers, or YS 170's or ESC's or incidence of the wing on a particular model.  If this is the "norm", I actually find it easier to locate the information I'm looking for with the separate sub-forums.

I do agree with keeping us united but I think y'all should consider this similar to when we started flying 4-cycle models.  Come on...you remember.  The 2-cycle guys said they'd never switch and the 4-cycle guys were trying to show the benefits of switching.  Yeah...you do remember huh.  This is the same thing.  What you fly shouldn't separate anything like one gentleman suggested.  Even though the moderators moved the "electric pattern" to the "electric" side of RCU, all you have to do is save them in "My Forums".  To me, Pattern is pattern.  Even the classic pattern is still pattern just another form.  The pattern community (and amount of contests) is already small enough and we certainly don't need any more division but keeping the threads separate (at least for me) makes it easier to find information based on what I'm looking for.  I have simply noticed that when we actually discuss pattern, it is usually found in this sub-forum and the electric is hardware specific.  It's all in one's taste for organization but I certainly don't think it divides us in any way.