Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Split list and classified section

ORIGINAL: mjfrederick

ORIGINAL: pattratt

Dave & Myfrederick

Could you guys elaborate on why you would prefer it stay seperate. I ask only to understand the reasons as I may be missing a valid reason

Thanks
Dick.
Dick,
I had originally written out an explanation, and then decided against posting it. Well, since you asked, here you go. I have no interest in ever flying an electric pattern airplane for competition. Furthermore, I have no interest in having to sift through thread after thread about different techniques on getting the smoke back into speed controllers, or saving puffed batteries, or whatever else it is that the electric guys talk about that I have no interest in. The Passport desinged for glow as well? Ha, tell that to the people who tried, they fall apart after a handful a flights. The Valiant designed for electric? It's got hatori header clearance molded into the chin cowl. Yes, Brian added some features that would make electric conversion easier and more accessible, but if it couldn't make weight as an electric he probably wouldn't have stressed that much. Bottom line is, e-power is fine for flying in my back yard. When I'm ready to really fly, give me an internal combustion engine any day. If that means one day my airplanes will no longer be competitive, or even allowed to fly in competition, then so be it, but you will never catch me taking even the slightest interest in anything electric pattern related.

OK, flame suit on, have at it.

Matt

+1 too.